Saturday, December 12, 2009

The crotchet speaks

Believe it or not I used to read long novels!


Wave Glider,
This has become a surfboard dumping site which bums me out. I look here about once a week. I am super busy with several projects. I have just been turned loose to get back to shaping after major cervical surgery (nine hours of 2, one anterior and one posterior) in July. I have 3 more balsa/curly redwood boards to finish. I have an art show in February that includes a book. The book has consumed much of my time. More about the book and show when it is appropriate.

Anybody can contact me directly at: rich@harboursurfboards.com. I check it several times a day and (unless I'm out of town) usually am able to get back that same day.
Everyone: Please try to get all of your questions into one email. I just don't have the time to keep answering one question at a time, email after email.

Now to Wave Glider's question:
The 2009 Banana has a slight increase in nose rocker, and very softly rounded corners. Nobody that has ridden one has complained about loss of drive. It simply did not happen. Everybody likes the slight nose lift. Easier drop in's, easier paddling with less face splash, and absolutely no loss in nose riding. In fact, several better surfers have noticed the increased stability with the slight nose width.
If you want last year's design with the corners on the tail, simply specify 2008 Banana. It is still in my files.
Rich Harbour

2 comments:

PRCOBB said...

Which site/page was Rich referring to as the dumping site?

PRCOBB said...

Do you think I should e-mail Rich directly about my future Sol order?