Friday, September 02, 2011

What are you bombing?



After a great 2 hour session of some real bombs (note: the big set waves here usually break inside that outer reef that this wave is breaking over) I got caught inside the bay and when attempting to duck dive a close out my board was ripped from my hands & my leash snapped. After getting sucked south and out again by a rip and after a 10 wave set, I finally swam in to find my board broken into a dozen pieces. The inside waves breaking against the rocks were so vicious I couldn't even recover the broken pieces. RIP 5'8" Pod.

2 comments:

PRCOBB said...

Hey Rico,

I see that you were pretty quick to post! Trying to cover your tracks?

I heard that they have power and internet in both Huatulco and Mag Bay so you can plug in your laptop

Chad Nelsen said...

Nah, I can take the heckle. Just want to make sure this mega swell gets at least some traffic on log alert.