Friday, December 12, 2008

Email of the year!


Begin forwarded message:

From: Leon 
Date: December 12, 2008 2:20:31 PM PST
To: Todd Spector
Subject: Standing Log Search

Heavy T,

As we celebrate the latest addition to your quiver, I realize that I should articulate and activate my secondhand Harbour wish list.

Here is a list of boards I would love to add / upgrade to my quiver.

9'8" Wingpin - 2 + 1 fin set-up.  I would consider going up to 9'10" on this board, but don't think I should go any bigger or it will get to be too much of a log for where it fits in my quiver - an all around board that can be logged and can charge up to double overhead marias & wildo and slightly smaller doggies.  My current Wingpin is transforming nicely into a log in its advanced age.  Max price $600 - whadya think?

9'11" - 10'2" Banana.  My Banana is a true piece of genius, but the glass is so brittle that it's almost beyond the point of repair.  I may go for one more round with Dave Stiles.   I would pounce on a quality replacement, but since I have the cranberry stick too, I am not exactly desperate and want to make sure my next Banana is a real piece of J.  Based on your recent purchase, I am putting top price at $550.   Of course, I would love to pay only $400!  That was the deal of the decade.

10' Sol - An unlikely board to find on the used rack, but might as well add it to the list.  My current Sol is 9'8" and I would consider going past 10' if the board still looks fast and manageable enough for Tres (although I suspect I may be SUP primarily at Tres going forward - we'll see).    I will pay up to $750 for the right Sol

Of course, I am hoping to find each of these for far less than my max prices, but I put them in there so you can feel comfortable pulling the trigger if the right board comes along and I can't be reached because I am logging one of my current Harbours.

There you have it.

HAPPY MALOGUA.  I am landing in Boston and flying back to PR on Sunday

Late!





No comments: